|Sign-up, its free!||Close [x]|
When people say to me:
- I want to go someplace, but I don’t know where
- I want to do something, but not what I’m doing
- I don’t know what I want to do, and if I sound confused, that’s part of my
I tell them, "You have to set a goal."
They say, "I know, I don’t have a goal. How do I get a goal?" I ask them what they like to do. They may say, "I don’t know."
You’ve been there, I’m sure. We all have. But eventually we all get out.
We each have within us a success mechanism that really wants us to succeed. It really wants us to get to where we want to go. In fact, if we learn to work with it, we can bring success to our businesses and ourselves rather readily. Here’s my simple formula to help you.
How to Achieve Success & Create What You Want in Your Business and Your Life
1. S stands for Sincerity. Be sincere with yourself. Get honest with yourself in where you are, where you are going and where you want to be.
2. U stands for Understanding. Understand your goals. Those who achieve ultimate business and life success completely understand the goals they want to reach and what is necessary to achieve them.
3. C stands for Courage. Gain the courage needed to overcome your fears. If you want to move to the next level toward reaching your goals then you must consciously overcome your fears. You must actually do the work that's needed to accomplish your goals. Do not let anything stand in your way.
4. C stands for Charity. Share your success. When you reach your goals, there should not be a selfish end. Many people can share in the wealth of your success -- not always the financial wealth, but often the wealth of your consciousness of success.
5. E stands for Enthusiasm. Get enthusiastic. In the enthusiasm, you keep yourself looking towards your goal. Whenever barriers get in your way, reach into your spiritual law of enthusiasm. Overcome these barriers by going around it, under it, through it or whatever is necessary to put you back within reach of your goals.
6. S stands for Stability. Remain stable. It's necessary to remain stable as you move towards success. Once you say you are going to do something, follow through with it. This produces stability.
7. S stands for Satisfaction. Feel the Satisfaction of Success. When you reach your goal, you can say, "I am a success, and I feel satisfied." This doesn't necessarily mean you are going to feel whole or complete, but you are going to say, "I did that, and I am satisfied with the result. Now I think I can go on with something else and use what I have learned to bring forth even greater success."
Whether you are working to achieve small or large goals, the process of success is pretty much the same. You can learn the success process on small goals and then transfer it to larger goals. One of the biggest blocks to achieving success is not having a realistic goal. This causes dis-satisfaction and depression.
So, start focusing on short-term goals and move into success on that level first. It’s important to recognize even the small goals in your business and life as goals. Achieving them will prepare you for achieving success with bigger goals.
7 Key Points to Keep in Mind When You Create & Strive Toward Your Goals:
1. Goals do not have to be tremendous or meaningful or significant to anyone, but you.
2. Your goals can be very simple and very straightforward. They can bring you a lot of happiness, satisfaction and fulfillment when you look at them for what they are.
3. When you decide upon and define a goal you would like to achieve in business or life, first decide if you are willing to be flexible enough to get it or are you going to demand that it come your way.
4. Figure out how you are going to measure your effectiveness
5. Watch the direction. Are you, in fact, going in the direction that is getting you closer to reaching your goals
6. Realize your skills and abilities and gain the confidence and inner strength you need to attain your goals. Even if you have the right direction, if you approach your goal without confidence, you undermine yourself.
7. See yourself getting what you want and reaching your goals. Some people see themselves in Australia but they don’t see themselves going to the visa office. They don’t see themselves going to the airport and buying the ticket. They‘re not sure when they want to leave. This uncertainty will stop your effectiveness of getting what you want.
When you have set a goal for yourself – whether it’s short term or long – envision yourself getting there. Use your creative imagination to see yourself attaining your goal.
Visualize yourself taking all of the steps to reach your goal. Make your vision one of actions. See it, hear it, feel it, move it, and do all of the things that need to be done to reach your goals.
Hold the image of your success and your completion in front of you and then just keep moving forward. It will become obvious, from moment to moment, what must be done next. All you have to do is hold that completed image of success as your direction and do the next obvious thing. That’s living in the now. That’s success.
New York Times Best-Selling Author & Founder of Insight Seminars John-Roger, spent the last 40 years providing high-performing individuals world-wide with practical spiritual tools for ultimate success. When you're absolutely ready to substantially improve your effectiveness in the office, at home and at play, John invites you to go to http://www.insightinbusiness.org and learn how to lead from the heart in the game of business and life so you can achieve success today.
Carine Nadel, contributing author for www.fabulously40.com, she is rejuvenating her writing career. Besides having had numerous recipes published in major magazines, you can view more of her writings by logging onto: www.Carine-whatscooking.blogspot.com
|Community Topics||View more »|