|Sign-up, its free!||Close [x]|
With a little enthusiasm, few hours of hard labor, and few dollars you can transform your room into a new space. Space where you can call your own.
If you are looking to spruce up a room you are tired of but don't want to invest a lot of money, the following tips will help you do some affordable interior decorating.
1. Rearrange the furniture. Pull the furniture away from the walls and position it at new, more inviting angles, and you will change the look and dimension of your room.
2. You've always heard “to spruce up a room, paint it.” Paint one wall your favorite accent color. The color can be as bold or as subtle as you like. Just make sure the surrounding room complements the color. Now, hang a new piece of art on the wall that has the same or similar colors. You'll be amazed at how often your eye is drawn to that area of the room.
3. Bring nature inside. Plants always add a touch of newness to any room. If you don't have a green thumb, silk plants and trees will do the trick as well. Look through some magazines to get ideas on using plants to decorate.
4. A new area rug is a great way to soften a room. Find one that complements the room, but also has a touch of jazziness to it. Put it at an angle under a coffee table or dining room table.
5. Make a framed picture collage on the wall. If you have a few frames that don't look good together, faux finish them.
6. Update your bathroom fittings/fixtures. By coordinating new bathroom fittings with your current fixtures and adding vanity lighting, you can completely change the appearance of your bathroom.
7. Light up your room with new lamps. You can mix and match lamp bases and shades for a hip new lighting solution in any room.
8. Faux finishing a room is a great way to create a totally new look with little expense. Several finishes are available to work in any room.
9. Replace your cabinet hardware with new pulls and knobs. Plenty of styles are available to help modernize the look of your kitchen.
10. Depending on the size of your room, wallpapering and adding borders is a great alternative or addition to painting. Several types of wallpaper are available based on where it will be used.