|Sign-up, its free!||Close [x]|
When was the last time your mate swept you off your feet with a totally romantic weekend or evening? How often does he shower you with gifts for no reason at all? Who gets more of his attention—-you, his job or his friends? Have you been wondering if the spark has gone out of your relationship?
While it may be easy to point the blame at your mate for what’s wrong in the relationship, have you considered your role in the breakdown? Out of curiosity, I wanted to know what men felt was needed to keep the home fires burning, so in a totally unscientific online survey I invited them to share their thoughts on the state of romance at midlife. Out of more than a hundred responses, the following is a list of the Top 10 Reasons why middle-aged men say they don’t find middle-aged women attractive:
10. We nag too much—if you have to tell him to do something more than twice, just do it yourself.
9. We complain too much—constant complaining can lead to ailments like high blood pressure and stress. If he’s not listening, let it go. It’s not going to change anything.
8. We don’t know when to shut up—don’t you ever get tired of hearing yourself talk?
7. We‘re trying to wear the "pants" and we know they‘re "too big" (tie)—-You‘re a woman so act like one.
6. We've forgotten how to dress We're either wearing clothes that are TOO TIGHT or TOO LOOSE. Dress your age not your shoe size--and certainly don't wear an outfit that makes you look like a whale!
5. We’ve forgotten what it’s like to have fun—-do you remember what it was like to let your hair down before you chopped it all off and decided to wear some "pants"
4. We want too much romance—if you make more money, give him all the romance he wants. And if he doesn’t want any, you save in the end.
3. We want too much foreplay—-how much hugging and kissing do you expect him to do before what goes up has come down?
2. We‘re overweight and overfed—try sending some of your food to a poor underdeveloped nation. Remember the story your mother used to tell you when you were a kid about the poor, starving children over there?
1. We take our mood swings out on EVERYBODY—Menopause is no excuse to be rude.
We stopped enjoying SEX!—-Now you wonder why he’s cheating on you?
In addition to being a Featured Writer for Fabulously40.com, Beverly Mahone is also the author of “Whatever! A Baby Boomer’s Journey Into Middle Age.” She has appeared as a baby boomer expert on a number of media programs including MSNBC and has been featured in the New York Times. To learn more about Beverly, visit her website: http://www.enjoyyourmenopause.com .