|Sign-up, its free!||Close [x]|
But certainly enough men, that the males of the species have deservedly earned their untrustworthy reputation. But how can you know if your guy is cheating? Obviously, it is difficult to know for sure unless he confesses, you catch him in the act, or his mistress emails you incriminating video proof. But if you suspect your significant other is involved in extracurricular carnal cavorting, there are a few obvious clues to look for.
1) Your guy has always been less than a stickler about his appearance, but suddenly he is moussing, moisturizing, and actually using that nose-hair trimmer you not-so-subtly gave him as a stocking stuffer three years ago.
2) You always believed he would need a GPS device to even find your washer and dryer, but lately his desire to launder his own duds has been verging on obsession.
3) Despite the fact that he is an habitual morning-bather, recently he has taken to showering off the "dirt and grime of the day" before he feels "clean" enough to hit the sheets.
4) You know that your husband uses credit cards for absolutely everything, yet your current bank statement shows numerous ATM withdrawals and cancelled checks made out to "cash."
5) The horn-dog you married never passed up a chance to grope your goodies at any opportunity, yet lately sex seems to only happen when you initiate it.
6) And on those occasions when sex has been on the menu, his standard technique seems to be ever-so-slightly refined.
7) He has never been particularly verbal in his affirmation of his feelings for you, but these days the phrase, "you know I love you," seems to guiltily escape his lips more often than, "I'll have another Heineken."
8) You have crossed your fingers and held your breath for years, hoping he would remember your birthday or anniversary with even a card, but for the last several months he has given you "just because" gifts with increasing frequency.
9) The man who usually gives three-word responses to your questions about his day, now regularly gives you excruciatingly detailed information about his daily itinerary. When guys give too much information, something is definitely askew.
10) The number of "work-related" calls he has to take has increased dramatically.
It is important to note that any of these changes in his behavior or activities could be completely innocent. And his engaging in even two or three of them might also mean he is hiding another, very different secret from you - like planning a surprise party, learning to ballroom dance, or carrying out contract hits for the mob. If, however, more than half of the above list sounds all-too-familiar, chances are good that your hubby is dipping his wick elsewhere. And though this revelation may understandably upset you, do not blame the messenger. I am merely trying to enlighten you. And remember, you can always still choose to live in denial. I mean, your birthday is coming up, your guy has always been light on his feet, and killing for money beats being unemployed, right?
If you have any questions about men, relationships, dating or a related topic, please feel free to email them to me at: david@EveryManSeesYouNaked.com. I will try to answer as many as I possibly can here in my column. If you are interested in a more comprehensive compendium of musings on the male mind, check out David's Every Man Sees You Naked: An Insider's Guide to How Men Think.
(C) 2009 David M. Matthews. All Rights Reserved.