Don't have an account? To participate in discussions consider signing up or signing in
facebook connect
Sign-up, its free! Close [x]

Benefits

  • okay Create lasting relationships with other like minded women.
  • okay Blogging, let your voice be heard!
  • okay Interact with other women through blogs,questions and groups.
  • okay Photo Album, upload your most recent vacation pictures.
  • okay Contests, Free weekly prize drawing.
  • okay Weekly Newsletter.

+5
Love it

As you may know, for the last few years I've been battling various health challenges, and regardless of which new condition I was diagnosed with I refused to give up - doing everything possible to get back on track.  However, my new diagnosis left me baffled when my doctor announced that I just tested positive for mold.

How did this all start?

My doctor was concerned that I got sick twice in a row, and because we had a water leak in the house that resulted in a little bit of mold, he thought I should take a urine test to find out if I inhaled it by any chance. I walked out of his office with a kit and no intentions of taking the test. I figured that I'd skip the $700 dollar test my insurance would probably not cover. After all, what are the chances? Who has mold?
A few days went by and I started running a low-grade fever - and after talking again with my doctor he encouraged me to take the test. When the results came back I was shocked - I tested positive for mold.

Now What?

My doctor suggested that I start taking Activated Charcol along with Mold Chikitse. I also found Red Desert Clay that was supposed to help with getting rid of mold. Now, keep in mind that I'm practically vegan, so taking anything out of my diet wasn't even a consideration.

Fast forward three months of taking all the supplements, detoxing, etc. Now imagine my shock when the follow up test showed that my mold results doubled since the last test.

Of course I panicked - having mold in your body can't possibly be good for anyone, especially me, with all of my health challenges. I started researching molds and their effects. That's when I stumbled on Tony Marcel, MD, PhD. I found out that Tony was a member of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine in France, so I decided to email him. To be quite honest, I wasn't sure I'd hear back, but it was worth a try. I emailed Mr. Marcel to find out about ochrytoxin mold and how I could have possibly acquired it.
Imagine how happy I was when Tony responded the next day with a detailed (and I mean it when I say detailed), explanation and information from his website: Ochratoxin and Themycotoxins 

This rarely happens in our lives, that a stranger takes the time to provide insights to a random person. I'm still waiting to retest, but what Tony did help me with was to pin point that my problem might have been because I have been using a lot of ginger in my drinks, and according to his charts on the site, this may have been the cause of the problem.

Here I was again looking into my computer screen thinking to myself how powerful the internet is - how the connections we form online are not only amazing - but have changed lives. Think about it...how has the web changed your life?

+5
Love it



Member Comments

    • 0 votes vote up vote up

      Vikki Hall wrote Dec 17, 2012
    • How amazing that he responded!!!

      So too much ginger?? Who’d a thunk it????  

      So what do you need to do now? Do you just limit your ginger intake and keep flushing out your system?  

      As for the web and me...... It certainly has made me smarter in a lot of ways. It also has kept me connected with people I otherwise would have lost touch with.

      It also has given me friends I would never have met heart



            Report  Reply


    • 0 votes vote up vote up

      Yana Berlin wrote Dec 17, 2012
    • Yeap, I’m staying away from ginger, wine, beer, gluten, very boring....

      I’ll retest at the end of the month. estatic



            Report  Reply


    • 0 votes vote up vote up

      Cynthia Schmidt wrote Dec 18, 2012
    • Yana, what is the ginger link? Gosh, I eat a lot of ginger and now I’m freaked out. I’ll go and read the links to his site. Thanks for the info!heart



            Report  Reply


    • 0 votes vote up vote up

      Marya1961 wrote Dec 18, 2012
    • Wow!  That is incredible, thank you for this info, although I don’t eat a lot of ginger, definitely going to read up on this as I am allergic to molds, so it is wise to stay informed.

      Hope the test comes back in your favor, Yana.heart



            Report  Reply


    • 0 votes vote up vote up

      Tuliplady wrote Dec 18, 2012
    • I’m interested in what the ginger link is also.  I drink quite a bit of ginger tea.

      Tulip



            Report  Reply


    • 0 votes vote up vote up

      Yana Berlin wrote Dec 18, 2012
    • It might not be the ginger, it’s just a theory because besides juicing with ginger I really didn’t change anything.

      But will see.  

      I’m definitely never bored here estatic



            Report  Reply


    • 0 votes vote up vote up

      Denise Richardson wrote Dec 20, 2012
    • WOW, Yana! This is crazy never heard of this, so sorry to hear you‘re dealing with more health issues, but God. Thanks for giving us the heads up info. Praying for your health my friend heartheart

      "Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action Mother Teresa."



            Report  Reply


About this author View Blog » 
author