Don't have an account? To participate in discussions consider signing up or signing in
facebook connect
Sign-up, its free! Close [x]

Benefits

  • okay Create lasting relationships with other like minded women.
  • okay Blogging, let your voice be heard!
  • okay Interact with other women through blogs,questions and groups.
  • okay Photo Album, upload your most recent vacation pictures.
  • okay Contests, Free weekly prize drawing.
  • okay Weekly Newsletter.


Grapes and raisins, a snack that we humans think of as healthy can actually have a deadly effect on your dog! I was shocked to learn of this today. I can even remember a time or two when I fed my Guinness some grapes. He didn’t like them because they rolled out of his mouth. I then crushed them in my fingers, but fortunately for us both he didn’t like them and spit them out. You can imagine how shocked I was to learn that he could have been harmed by my actions.

According to [Link Removed] even a small amount of this food can cause vomiting, diarhea, fatigue and abdominal pain. Ultimately this could lead to kidney failure! The reason why this fruit is so toxic to dogs is not clearly understood, yet research has shown that dogs that ingest grapes or raisins show an unusually high level of nitrogen, creatinine and phosphorus in their bloodstream. These three substances when found in the blood indicate kidney damage.

Since most dogs will ingest just about anything edible and some things that are inedible (my in-laws had an Airedale named Jumbo that used to swallow rocks!) get them to the vet’s office as quickly as possible.

2.bmp


Anskyann, Your links have been removed, please consider upgrading to premium membership.



  •  

Member Comments

About this author View Blog » 
author