Don't have an account? To participate in discussions consider signing up or signing in
facebook connect
Sign-up, its free! Close [x]

Benefits

  • okay Create lasting relationships with other like minded women.
  • okay Blogging, let your voice be heard!
  • okay Interact with other women through blogs,questions and groups.
  • okay Photo Album, upload your most recent vacation pictures.
  • okay Contests, Free weekly prize drawing.
  • okay Weekly Newsletter.


Fast-forward to April. I have just contacted a realtor and am trying to figure out when would be best to put the house on the market. He says May/June are prime, so I figure I will talk to the renters and find out if they are still interested in breaking the lease.

April 6th , I have a phone conversation with my renter. During this talk, we discuss the early lease termination. I tell her that I need to know if they still can leave before August, so the sign can go up immediately, or do I need to wait til they leave in August. Point being, I don't want to show the house with people living in it. I explain that I have not set a date with the realtor yet, that I needed to discuss their plans first. She is agreeable to breaking the lease early. After we hang up, I get this txt from her-

“So, if we start looking for a place now, and find something are we ok to break the lease? if we do, will we get dep back?”  

I tx back that as soon as I talk to the realtor again, I will let her know. I was not going to commit to them leaving if the realtor said wait.

She and I tx a few more times about making arrangements for the realtor to see the house. He finally sees it April 15.  After he leaves, she txt me-

“Realtor was by today. When will it be placed on the market?”

In between that date and April 27, I tx about what date they want to move, 30 days after the “for sale” sign goes up, or May 31st. She says she needs to talk to her husband.

Several days go by, and no word. I tx again on April 27  - I need to know your decision. This was the reply-

“How about lease end May 31st? What would be ideal for you?”

Then this tx-

“How soon after move out will we get the deposit back? Things will be tight with me taking time off for the baby.”

I believe we had another phone conversation (not clear on this) where I told her I would email a letter concerning our decision.



  •  

Member Comments