Don't have an account? To participate in discussions consider signing up or signing in
facebook connect
Sign-up, its free! Close [x]

Benefits

  • okay Create lasting relationships with other like minded women.
  • okay Blogging, let your voice be heard!
  • okay Interact with other women through blogs,questions and groups.
  • okay Photo Album, upload your most recent vacation pictures.
  • okay Contests, Free weekly prize drawing.
  • okay Weekly Newsletter.


this is the exact letter I emailed to her-

“April 28, 2009

We have discussed, and are in agreement, that you will vacate the house on 34 N. Taft Ave on May 31, 2009. This is 2 months earlier than the termination date of your lease (August 1st, 2009.) Since this is a mutual decision, there will be no early termination fee.  

Re: the $300 security deposit, I will make every effort to get that back to you within 3 weeks of the move-out date, as long as the house is still in the condition it was at move-in and the appliances are all still in good working condition. The lease specifies 45 days in which to return the deposit.  

If there are any issues with the home at all-broken appliances, ripped screens, damage to any part of the house or garage, broken glass, plumbing problems, fireplace malfunction-they must be reported prior to moving out. Otherwise, those damages will be assumed as caused by you and will affect the amount of security deposit that comes back to you. I am aware of the broken plaster in the kitchen and the picture marks on the walls in the living room.  

Thank you in advance for your assistance with the realtor.”

Here is her reply-

“I was just curious as to the reason you want us to move out early. Is it because you want to show the house empty? I wondered if we couldn’t stay at least a month longer, or even until our lease is up. I just don’t relish the thought of moving with a brand new baby, not to mention the expense. Let me know because I have an appointment to look at a house tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks. Carrie”

W T F

My head immediately goes into a spin. Did I imagine our prior conversations? I call her later that day and say-the only reason the house is for sale now is that you said you had no problem leaving early. Otherwise I would have waited til August. She sounds very pissed and uninformed, like we’ve not talked about this. She keeps asking why they have to move now.  

At this point, I seek the advice of counsel, who sends me the official “you have 30 days to move” letter to send certified.  

May 1st  comes-no rent payment. I call to find out what is the situation, no answer, no call back. A day later, I have Mark call-same thing. Middle of this month-STILL no rent payment. Counsel sends me the "pay now or get out in 5 days" letter to send certified/return receipt requested. Got the receipt, but no reply and no rent.

So! There you have it. So I have to call her today and tell her I AM coming to Indiana this weekend to see my house. I dread this!



  •  

Member Comments