Don't have an account? To participate in discussions consider signing up or signing in
facebook connect
Sign-up, its free! Close [x]


  • okay Create lasting relationships with other like minded women.
  • okay Blogging, let your voice be heard!
  • okay Interact with other women through blogs,questions and groups.
  • okay Photo Album, upload your most recent vacation pictures.
  • okay Contests, Free weekly prize drawing.
  • okay Weekly Newsletter.

So, I’ve been absent for a couple of days, and I’m really touched by all the messages I’ve received, checking on me and my trip to see Jonathan.

Our trip was wonderful, but exhausting. We left early Sunday morning and drove to pick up Jonathan. I snapped lots of pictures before we ever even got there, but the one sight that really took my breath away was this one:

The enormity of the program my son is in really hit home with me as we drove up to the facility. We had to check in at the guard shack, and they called his dorm, who then put him on a bus and sent him to us. We waited about twenty minutes before we finally had him in our clutches, but it was worth it.

We then drove to Austin and had lunch, where Jonathan wished I didn’t have a camera attached to my hands.

Then we visited and took a leisurely stroll (to the tune of about ten miles!) around the University of Texas campus. We saw some really impressive sites, like this beautiful statue of Martin Luther King, Jr:

And this fountain:

Ultimately, though, the most startling site of the day was of Jonathan and his newest habit, of which I’m not exactly pleased:

We dropped Jonathan back off that evening and then drove into San Antonio where we spent the night. We had planned on getting up early and checking out some of the attractions near our hotel, but to be honest we were simply exhausted and just decided to come home.

We‘re pretty much recovered now, but we’ve entered the next phase of excitement in our kids’ lives and are waiting to see how it will all turn out. See, Katy (Scott’s youngest daughter) and her online boyfriend are together, face to face, for the first time ever in our home right now. So far all is going well, although I left a friend of ours with them to chaperon when Scott and I went to bed...

As always, I’ll be sure to keep you posted! ;)

Edited to add: By the way, I took some killer photos of the Texas landscape all during our trip. Most of these pictures were snapped at 70+mph but are amazing, much to my surprise. If you'd like to see the first set of these photos, please visit [Link Removed] 

Feathermaye, Your links have been removed, please consider upgrading to premium membership.


Member Comments

About this author View Blog »