|Sign-up, its free!||Close [x]|
The Holiday Season is round the corner. And what better way to celebrate than to give gifts to those whom you love and cherish the most- - -your children? However, as parents you could enhance your gifts this year with special add-ons. You could go beyond the realms of materialistic gift-giving and surprise your children this season with meaningful gifts money can’t buy.
Parents, it is absolutely your prerogative to gift your children with something extra special- - - gifts that can last a lifetime! Let your children know of your good intentions. Let them know that you want them to have some priceless gifts of love. Gifts, that cannot be bought, sold or traded, gifts tenderly packaged to leave a lasting impact on their budding lives.
Here is a list [ in no particular order] of some the finest gifts you could bestow on your child:
1. Love and Understanding: The precious gift of love and understanding is the most vital of all the gifts parents can bestow on their child. All children thrive in a loving and caring environment. All children need to be understood, accepted and loved for who they are.
2. Good Health: The gift of good health is one of the most important of all the gifts which parents can bestow on their child. By nurturing and nourishing a child with a healthy life-style, good eating habits and proper hygiene, parents can gift their child with one of the best gifts a child could ever have.
3. Time: Bestow on your child the valuable gift of precious time. Time spent together in a loving companionship in the comfort of your home, is well spent. It not only brings mutual joy, but forges solid relationships.Your presence, much more than your presents, can yield rich dividends and create treasured memories.
4. Education: Equip your child with proper education. There is so much to learn and observe; so many skills to acquire; so much to do and talk about; and so many diverse lessons to be learnt. Good, solid education can prove to be one of the best gifts for your child's future.
5. Independence: Fostering independence is one of the essential tools for children's all-round growth. Help your child to do things on his own and encourage initiatives in decision-making. A good parent should instinctively know when to let go so as to allow him/her to handle life amicably.
6. Responsibility: One of the best gifts you can bestow on your child is instilling a sense of responsibility. Insist that your child bears responsibility for his/ her behavior and understands the consequences. This can save your child from future heart-aches.
7. Family Values: Gift your child with a strong set of family values. Values like honesty and integrity and sharing are beautiful gifts to impart to your child. Guarding children against selfishness, can earn them respect and admiration in their adult years.
8. Self-Discipline: The gift of inculcating self-discipline in children can be the measure of their future successes. Discipline is the bedrock of character-building and productivity. Have few clear-cut house rules and make sure they are understood and followed consistently.
9. Self-dependence: Teach your child to be self-dependent. In a wider perspective, empowering your child with this special gift, would enable him/her to overcome any crisis or obstacles that are bound to crop up along life's journey.
10. Cultivate: Cultivate a love of knowledge; it is one of the most precious gifts to foster in a child. Knowledge is power. By equipping your child with this tool, you could significantly enrich his/her life and widen horizons of greater opportunities for your child.
Finally, gift your child with “roots to cling to and wings to fly." By being the proud recipient of all the above gifts, your child would be geared to creating a worthy place for himself/herself in the future.