|Sign-up, its free!||Close [x]|
"TIPS FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL LIFE ... no matter what is happening in the world"
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW What a ride!
What Dr. Alan Zimmerman Has To Say:
Up Your Attitude
1. Remember ... no one is in charge of your happiness except you.
2. Remind yourself that even though life isn’t fair ... it’s still good.
3. When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself, "Today I am thankful for ____________."
4. Don’t take your feelings too seriously. Act as if you‘re enthusiastic and you will be enthusiastic.
5. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up ... with a smile.
5. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, or troubling things you cannot control.
6. Focus on all the good around you ... at this very moment.
7. Each night, as you go to bed, tell yourself, "Today I accomplished ___________ ."
Live Your Life On Purpose
8. When you wake up in the morning, complete the following statement, 'My purpose for this day is ___________ ."
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Write down your goals. You’ll always accomplish more.
Keep Things In Perspective
11. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
12. Before you panic with every problem that comes your way, ask yourself, “In five years, will this matter?"
13. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present or mess up your future.
14. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. When you are feeling down, start counting your blessings. You’ll be smiling before you know it.
16. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class ...but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
17. Time heals almost everything. So give TIME some time.
18. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can’t buy.
Build Your Relationships
19. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch with them.
20. Call your family often.
21. Agree to disagree once in a while. You don’t have to win every argument.
22. Make at least three people smile every day.
23. Forgive often. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
24. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
25. Refrain from judgment. You have no idea what is going on in somebody else’s life.
Have More Fun
26. Watch more movies, play more games, and read more books than you did last year.
27. Clear the clutter. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
28. Smile more and laugh more. It puts energy back in your batteries.
29. Don’t take yourself too seriously. No one else does.
30. Stop waiting for a special occasion. Burn those candles, use the fancy china, and wear your nicest things. Every day is special.
Take Care of Yourself
31. Take a walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
32. Always make time for exercise.
33. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper.
34. Buy a Tivo (DVR), tape your late night shows, and get more sleep.
35. Eat more foods that grow on plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
36. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds, and walnuts.
Circle three tips that you will focus on this week, and then consciously follow those tips for the next seven days. Let them become a habit in your life.