Don't have an account? To participate in discussions consider signing up or signing in
facebook connect
Sign-up, its free! Close [x]

Benefits

  • okay Create lasting relationships with other like minded women.
  • okay Blogging, let your voice be heard!
  • okay Interact with other women through blogs,questions and groups.
  • okay Photo Album, upload your most recent vacation pictures.
  • okay Contests, Free weekly prize drawing.
  • okay Weekly Newsletter.

  • Talking Calcium

    4 posts, 3 voices, 528 views, started Mar 20, 2009

    Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009

    •  



    • inactive
      Carnelian
      Offline

      A critical NUTRIENT which 99 percent is stored in teetht and bones. The remaining 1 percent is stoted in our blood and cellular fluids. The finctions of Calcium are many. Needed for good and strong teeth and bones; helps regulate muscle tone and heartbeat. Initiates blood clotting ,assists transport of chemicals across cell membranes,helps functions of protein, hormones and enzymes.
      Not having enough calcium in the diet resutls in: osteoporosis a disease that speeds up the process of the natural loss of calcium in the bones ,causing the bones to become weak and fragile, leading to loss of height,curves spine and bone fractures; specially in women. other signs of defiency are muscles cramps and hypertension.
      How much is too much calcium? Around 1,500 milligrams (mg) per day is all your body really needs, if you are at high risk for osteoporosis. Getting as much as 2,200 mg has been shown to be relatively safe. The safe upper limit for calcium is 2,500 mg per day. Excessively high amounts of dietary calcium and/or supplements can increase the risk of kidney stones. However, many studies show that normal amounts of dietary calcium may lower the risk of kidney stones.

      Can we get enough calcium from food intake? No. You are not likely to get too much calcium just from food. So, you need to take nutrional supplements to get calcium intake.
      Be better to your bones. Bones are your defining structures-not to be taken for granted!! Strong bones and flexible joints keep you standing tall throughout your life, and what better way to keep them that way than by providing them with excellent nutrition? When you try USANA‘S unique formulas for bone and joint health, you’ll get the nutrients you need to support the architecture of your body!
      Check on:
      Active Calcium, Body Rox Active Calcium Chewable and Procosa II. Usana meets the requirements of GMP and FSN. These products are not intended to diagnose,treat, cure or prevent any disease.
      Always check the products labels, check any nutrional supplements with your DR.

      [Link Removed]


      Monnalissa, Your links have been removed, please consider upgrading to premium membership.



      •  



  • Living Healthy View Group »

    www.myhealthandwealth.usana.com