Don't have an account? To participate in discussions consider signing up or signing in
facebook connect
Sign-up, its free! Close [x]


  • okay Create lasting relationships with other like minded women.
  • okay Blogging, let your voice be heard!
  • okay Interact with other women through blogs,questions and groups.
  • okay Photo Album, upload your most recent vacation pictures.
  • okay Contests, Free weekly prize drawing.
  • okay Weekly Newsletter.

Love it

While I totally and completely realize that we here in Arizona have NOTHING to complain about weather wise-I’m still ready for Spring’s arrival.  In lieu of it, I’m just ready for the wind and the accompanying chill factor to warm up.

Since the New Year, a couple of neighbors and I have been meeting at about 10 a.m. for a power walk.  The first week was a total bust.  We “powered” through Monday in 42 degrees and strong winds.  I think it took us the rest of the day to thaw and feel our extremities.  Poor Lucky!  I carried her 1/2 the way (hey, she’s 6 lbs and has a bad back-don’t judge) back home.

The rest of that week was rain, rain and more rain-all with super strong and cold winds.  We each used either our treadmills or the gym we pay for through our HOA.

Since then a few of the mornings have hit maybe 65, but the chilly winds took that wonderful sunny warmth away and made for a very tough walk.  I kid you not-we were constantly being blown back and trying to lean into the wind.

Take today,  I put on a couple of layers of clothing and a hoodie.  I added some gloves and some earmuffs (Yes, for constantly cold me this was necessary).  I put on Lucky’s cute heart patterned fleece hoodie as well.  My neighbor and her mother-in-law (visiting) met me.  They too were bundled up.  

We stayed on the “sunny side” of the block.  As if the sunny side would feel warmer when the temperature was 52 and per my Weather Channel app-the wind was blowing at 20 MPH and made the air feel “45“.

Either way, we leaned into the wind and pushed on for the complete 2-1/4 mile circuit we’ve created for ourselves.

As we parted ways to go to our homes Steve drove by and stopped-“Did you want to keep walking in this wind or do you want to hop in and I take you home?”  I kissed him good-bye and said it was only another 1/4 mile and after the week filled with lots of family, food and fun-I really needed every single step!  

That said, first thing I did when I finished turning off the security system, un-dressing the dog and myself and putting my keys, phone, etc. down was to turn on some hot water in the sink and defrost my hands enough to write this hopefully entertaining blog for you.  

Now I’m going to go pour myself some of the rest of the pot of coffee I made for breakfast, heat it up and warm the rest of me while reading what appears to be the bonus of the day-I have an issue of the newspaper!  Can I hear a woot, woot?  

(Not actually sure, because my ears are still frozen even with the adorable blue flowered earmuffs my daughter gave me.)

Love it

Member Comments

About this author View Blog »